OUR HISTORY

 

The first service of this body of Christ was on Sunday night, November 27, 1966 as a mission of First Southern Baptist Church of Ouray, Colorado. We met at the Delta Legion Hall. As a mission, the church was called the First Southern Baptist Church of Delta. In September 1967 the building on Columbia Street was bought, and in September of 1968 the church was constituted and renamed Columbia Street Baptist Church. The name was changed to Delta Southern Baptist Church in September 1969, with 18 charter members of whom none are currently still with us. 

 

The name of the church was changed again on October 8, 1973 to Calvary Baptist Church. The present site on A Street was purchased for $24,000 and the current  16, 300 sq. ft. building was purchased for $24,000 and moved from Littleton, Colorado to Delta and placed on the site. This site was dedicated on October 3, 1976. The Carl & Eva Campbell Memorial Prayer Chapel was built and dedicated on July 21, 1985. We were blessed to celebrate our 50th anniversary in October 2016! God is so faithful!

 

We are blessed to be debt free on all our building and land including an adjacent two acres newly  purchased in 2014.

1290 A Street, delta, co, 81416
970-874-9497
office@calvarydelta.org

Join us 

Sundays at 10 am

for corporate worship

  • c-facebook
  • YouTube